I Need To…
Get a Commercially Supported Secure Shell Server for UNIX for my Organization
It's not enough to provide your staff with remote access to your network. You need a secure server environment to protect your data from internal and external threats. VanDyke Software's VShell® server provides a secure alternative to Telnet and FTP on popular UNIX platforms, including Red Hat, Ubuntu, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, FreeBSD, and Mac OS X.
The VShell server for UNIX allows you to provide the security and data integrity of Secure Shell (SSH2) encryption and authentication to your entire organization.
The VShell server encrypts all data (including passwords) to guard against eavesdropping, connection hijacking, and other attacks. VShell server provides secure tunneling (port forwarding) capabilities and supports all Secure Shell (SSH) protocol versions.
A More Advanced Secure Shell Server for UNIX
VanDyke Software's VShell server has advanced features that allow you more control over your access to Secure Shell functionality than open source software. With VShell server you can:
- Restrict access to users' home directories or create virtual directories for different users and groups.
- Restrict users' shell access to their home directories.
- Define user and group access to Secure Shell services (shell, remote execute, SFTP, and port forwarding) with Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- Specify which ports can be forwarded through and which TCP/IP applications can be port forwarded to provide the appropriate mix of privileges to every user on your network
- Use triggers to track and respond to events like failed logon attempts and transferred files.
The VShell server also gives you more choices for authentication across your enterprise. VShell for UNIX:
- Provides support for X.509 certificate authentication (all platforms except FreeBSD and Mac OS X).
- Offers built-in support for Kerberos v5 (via GSSAPI).
- Supports keyboard-interactive authentication for PAM SecurID or PAM Password.
VShell server simplifies the use of public-key authentication (SSH2 protocol).
Safeguard your data with the VShell server, an easy to use, commercially supported Secure Shell server for UNIX.
VanDyke Software helps you achieve the right balance between strong security and easy remote access to your network from anywhere at any time. Try the full version of our Secure Shell server for UNIX free for 30 days. To get started:
Download VShell server for UNIX.
To learn more about our remote access software, read our Secure Shell white papers.
If you have already completed your 30-day evaluation, purchase the Secure Shell server software you need.
Please contact us for assistance in finding the right solution for your organization.
VShell server, a secure alternative to Telnet and FTP with additional data tunneling services, is a secure portal to a Windows or UNIX server's resources and the network. VShell provides secure authentication, strong encryption, and data integrity using the open Secure Shell protocol (SSH2).
SecureCRT is an extremely customizable terminal emulator with support for Secure Shell (SSH1 and SSH2) as well as Telnet, Telnet/TLS, Rlogin, serial, and TAPI protocols. SecureCRT is ideal for connecting to remote systems running Windows, UNIX, and VMS.
SecureFX is a high-security file transfer client with great flexibility in configuration and transfer protocols. SecureFX includes a command-line utility for scripting batch jobs to perform secure unattended file transfers and also supports "relentless" file transfers that automatically reconnect and resume when connections are broken.