VanDyke Software is looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our team in supporting existing and new product features of its world-class applications. This role requires working closely with other developers as a team to produce quality commercial software that securely communicates information across the Internet.
- Learn the technologies used in VanDyke Software products, including C++, Objective-C, MFC, Qt, and SSH2.
- Using an agile development methodology, implement application software from requirements through production to commercial deployment.
- Develop, code, test, and debug software on multiple platforms as well as review code as part of the development lifecycle.
- Analyze and generate ideas to improve quality, stability, and scalability of the code base.
- Collaborate with other developers as part of an Agile Software Development team in a shared goal of producing excellent software in a timely manner.
- Assist product managers and technical support departments in gathering information needed to respond to customer questions quickly and accurately.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends that improve the software to the benefit of our customers.
- Provide leadership and coach junior development team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in C++.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Schedule requires the ability to work full time during normal business hours.
- Extensive experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting of code on operating systems such as Windows OS, Mac OSX, and Linux.
Additional Consideration Provided for Individuals with the Following Experience
- Programming experience with Perl, Bash, and MS-DOS batch files.
- Experience working with an Agile Development team.
- Experience with Internet communication protocols such as FTP, Telnet, or SSH.
- Experience with security concepts regarding cryptography, certificates, and public keys.
- Experience with defect tracking software such as TestTrack.
VanDyke Software is a company where every person has an impact on quality and service every day, where there is room for growth in your career, and where you participate in the company's success.
VanDyke Software offers a collaborative work environment, competitive salaries, performance-based bonuses, health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and other perks.
Employment inquiries may be sent to