The VanDyke ClientPack lets network managers deploy to other systems the same command-line automation tools of the VShell® server.
For network managers who are comfortable using the command line, the VanDyke ClientPack provides utilities* that can be used to include commands** in scripts, saving time on routine administration and configuration tasks, such as setting up new users, updating configurations, backing up files, and rotating logs.
The VanDyke ClientPack includes:
VRALib COM API (Windows only)
- VRALib, a COM and .NET API provides the ability to script SSH2 connections. Supported operations include full control over SSH2 connections, sending a command to an SSH2 server and getting the output produced by the command, tunneling/port forwarding, file transfers using SFTP, remote file management, adding host keys to a host key database, and adding keys to the SSH2 authentication agent.
Secure command-line utilities suite
The VanDyke ClientPack command-line utilities allow you to automate routine administration and configuration tasks and secure file transfers and include:
- vsftp, an interactive SFTP utility for quick, easy, file transfers
- vsh, an interactive shell utility
- vcp, a line-oriented file transfer utility
- vkeygen, a public/private key generator utility
- vpka, a tool for uploading keys to the VShell server
Use the VRALib COM interface to perform remote execution, file transfer, and port forwarding tasks within your .NET application.
Scriptable command-line interfaces allow you to automate file transfer, shell, and public-key administration tasks with proven, open-standard security.
Create multi-platform automation solutions with consistent, repeatable results on Windows, UNIX, and Mac.
Employ the same trusted Secure Shell encryption libraries and authentication choices found in SecureCRT® and SecureFX®.
*The ClientPack utilities require an SSH2 service on which connections are established.
**The ClientPack sends commands, which are provided by the user.