There are many times when it's useful to make configuration changes
to multiple sessions. You may need to change a firewall configuration, or you may want to change a saved password
that is used in multiple sessions to authenticate to a group of remote
machines. In this tip you'll learn how to apply session configuration
changes to multiple sessions.
This tip applies to SecureCRT® 6.2 and later and SecureFX® 6.2 and later.
Note: If your goal is to change the default settings for new sessions as well as apply the changes to all existing sessions, see this tip.
Here are the steps you use to apply configuration changes to multiple sessions.
1. Open the Connect dialog (File / Connect) and select the desired group of sessions by holding down the CTRL key while clicking on each session with the mouse.
You can also right-click on a folder within the Connect dialog to change properties for all sessions within that folder. If you want to make changes to all existing sessions, right-click on the Sessions folder itself.
2. Right-click on one of the selected sessions (or the selected folder) and choose Properties from the context menu.
3. A notification will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to apply changes to the selected sessions. Press the OK button to continue.
4. The Session Options - multiple window will appear. Make the desired changes to the configuration (for example, changing or setting the SSH2 password as in the screen shot below).
5. Once you have made the desired changes, press the OK button in the Session Options - multiple window to apply the modifications to all the selected sessions.